Oxygen Therapy Administration – FAA Level 3 Award – 1 day
This training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively, for casualties with breathing difficulties. Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering it.
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners and dental care professionals, nurses, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
This is a classroom-based course of 6 contact hours. Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading.
The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Explain benefits of oxygen therapy
• Identify indications for the use of oxygen
• Explain contraindications prohibiting use of oxygen
• Explain dangers of using compressed gas
• Outline health and safety rules for the:
• Handling of oxygen
• Carry out operational checks in preparation for use of oxygen therapy equipment
• Identify when oxygen therapy is required
• Administer oxygen using the required flow rate for the following oxygen delivery devices:
• Non re-breather mask
• Bag, valve and mask
• Administer oxygen to a patient in line with agreed ways of working
This qualification lasts for 3 years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses.
A range of methods are used, including, practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
This qualification lasts for 3 years.
It is recommended that, during the 3 year period, delegates attend annual refresher courses.
Certificates will be posted promptly once full payment has been received.
All courses can take place at your venue or in a suitable nearby location.
All costs are based per person and include course booklet, resuscitation mouth shield and certification.